The 10 Commandments of Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) came to us in a brain storming session.
While the concept has been done…well…since the beginning of recorded history, we felt the mobile device management market needed a kick in the pants and some good ole’ fashion bible speak to drive home the tenets of managing personal devices in the enterprise.
I fought hard to write this piece like Moses talking to the people and the rewards were indeed bountiful. It’s no Gangumn Style, but it brought in some very nice B2B marketing numbers – several thousand in fact.
The Commandments are Thus:
1. Create Thy Policy Before Procuring Technology
2. Seek The Flocks’ Devices
3. Enrollment Shall Be Simple
4. Thou Shalt Configure Devices Over the Air
5. Thy Users Demand Self-Service
6. Hold Sacred Personal Information
7. Part the Seas of Corporate and Personal Data
8. Manage Thy Data Usage
9. Monitor Thy Flock—Herd Automatically
10. Drink from the Fountain of ROI
Words by me, art by the very talented Nathan Salla.
Download the Ten Commandments of Bring Your Own Device